Sunday, April 15, 2018

April Gifted Gorgeousness

Well....it's been a wild and wacky spring so far!  I've been a busy lady, but in a good way I suppose.  Let's get started with Gifted Gorgeousness.  I've you've followed me for a while then you know on the 15th of the month we showcase what we have been stitching ... things we have been given as gifts (patterns, fabric, floss or even completed stitched items) or things we have stitched that we are giving away.  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching, is our fearless leader and has the sign up page over here.  She explains the rules there...but if you are interested in what others are stitching, you can see the link up page here where we all link our pages.  It's never to late to sign up if you are interested!

I was given a pretty big bag of left over linen.  They are the perfect size for ornaments and they came in a range of colors and counts.  I dug into them right away and started stitching some of the ornaments I'm going to be giving away.  So let's start there, shall we?  I have even completed a couple already.  These have all been stitched with linen I've been given.

First up is this little guy....a Brittercup design I found in a JCS magazine.  It was a preview to an ornament issue.  I have been looking for this pattern called "Mine" for a while and was shocked to find it when I was looking for something else (isn't it always the way?).  I'll be stitching him a few times...haha.  Here he is all finished up!  He is a gift for a Facebook friend.

This is a design I found on the Victoria Sampler freebie page.  I have stitched a few of her ornaments here, I just love the different stitches she finds to give her patterns  a little zing!  This was stitched for a Facebook friend who had a new baby last year, so his name is on the back with the date.

This is a JBW design I've had in my stash for quite a while.  I thought she was pretty but never had the chance to stitch her.  This will be a gift too when I finish it into an ornament.


This is a little penquin I found in the most recent JCS ornament issue.  They said to stitch him on mint green, and so I have, but I'm not excited about the way he turned on on this color.  I think I might stitch him again on light blue.  What do you think?  He was supposed to be a gift as well, but I'm going to tweak him a bit first.

My husband gifted me these three SALs, and I fell behind a bit trying to get some other gifts stitched.  First is Wildflower Woodland Quaker by Tempting Tangles.  There is only one more installment, I have really enjoyed stitching this one!  

Another is this Blue Poppy Learning Sampler.  I'm being challenged with some of the stitches on this one!  Especially the Satin stitch, I really struggle with that one.  I am still a month behind, but hoping to catch up soon!  This is also a Tempting Tangles design.

The third is this called Through the Window by Ship's Manor.  Each little window is another month, and there will be 12.  When I get a chance I hope to get the border done because the windows don't take much time.   I'll keep you posted.

The last one I'm going to show here is Sweet Nectar.  I'm please to say I'm finally finished with this one.  It is a gift for my Mom's birthday is in June.  My next quest will be to get it framed.  Wish me luck!!

That's all I'm prepared to show right now.  I have some stitched that are going to be gifts so I'll have to wait a little while to show those to you.  Once the SALs are caught up I'm hoping to work on some gifts for a wedding later this year.  Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Christine said...

What a lot of lovely stitching. The Woodland Quaker is just stunning

deb said...

You've done a huge amount of stitching! The ornies look wonderful (love that JBW angel!) - I can't really see that the little penguin is on mint green, but I agree that he'd look great on a light blue. Your progress on your SALs is amazing - how exciting that Woodland Quaker is nearly complete. And the Blue Poppy sampler ... oh my, so tempting! Your satin stitches look just perfect - I'd never know you had trouble. :)

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing. I enjoyed my little visit today. The gift you are maming for your mother is divine!

Elfie said...

I did mean to say making not maming!

Vickie said...

What precious ornaments. The Wildflower Woodland Quaker is fabulous! Your mother will be so very, very pleased!!

Justine said...

From one extreme to another...teeny tiny ornaments and then huge projects! Everything looks so lovely. I think your satin stitches are perfect.
I'm so glad you finished the piece for your Mum in time though I will miss your updates on it as it's gorgeous. I'm sure she will love it.

Julie said...

Sweet Nectar is stunning, a beautiful and special gift did your mum.
Lovely ornaments.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! DJ, these are all gorgeous but especially Sweet Nectar - your mum is going to love it!

Katie said...

Wohoo beautiful progress and finishes galore. Congrats on finishing your Sweet Nectar! It is just beautiful. Good luck finding the perfect frame.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with such a great variety of designs.
I think the penguin would look lovely on blue fabric.
The Woodland Sampler is just gorgeous and the Ship's Manor is growing nicely too.
Of course the plate for your Mum is stunning, she will love that.

Ariadne said...

All of your stitching is beautiful but Sweet Nectar is gorgeous!AriadnefromGreece!