Friday, December 15, 2017

December Gifted Gorgeousness

This year is slipping by so fast.  Why does it seem that the older we get the faster time flies?  I think that, other than wrapping, I'm ready for the holidays!  I think this is the first year I'll be able to spend a little time relaxing before the actual day.   But I will admit, it's been a mad dash up until this point! Haha...

So in case you haven't heard about Gifted Gorgeousness, this is a challenge Jo has masterminded over on her blog Serendipitous Stitching.  Each month, on the 15th, we showcase stitched items that have been or will be, gifted.   It can be a pattern, fabric, floss, or all three.  It can be something given to you or something you are giving to someone else.  I have enjoyed this challenge for the past two years because it has given me incentive to get stitching on things and posting each month.  I like being able to show progress and it's also a kind of nod of thanks to those who have been generous to me.  You can read more about this challenge and sign up here (it's never too late) or if you want to see what others are stitching you can see that here.

Also over on Jo's blog, they are having an online advent calendar.  Each day showcases a different blogger and the emphasis this year is how they spend Boxing Day (the day after Christmas celebrated in other countries) and memories from those days.  I will be adding my two cents later in the month, but  you can see how others have responded and a special picture they have of the holidays here.

Ok, on with the show!!  This is my completed Linen & Threads 2017  Mystery Sampler.  This is stitched on 28 ct black over one using vintage Bucilla floss.  It isn't being made anymore, and I can't find a good conversion chart that has these numbers so I compared them to other floss and found these substitutes.  DMC 355, 612, and Anchor 903.  I'm thinking of using the same colors for the next one starting in 2018.  I already have the fabric, I just need to decide if I'll use the same color scheme.  You can find the free pattern for the 2017 SAL on their website here

I have posted most of the things I have given away or been given in previous posts through last part of November and the first part of December, so I just made a collage of the ones I've been given.  My fingers have been busy stitching and finishing, and so far it seems everyone has enjoyed their gifts.  Or maybe they were just being polite...haha.  

And here are the ones I've been given.


I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, it's that time of year when my brain likes to take holidays.  haha  I'm off to get caught up on some SAL's I'm participating in, I was finally able to get caught up on some just this week, and already the next parts have been released.  No rest for the wicked!  LOL  I hope to be back with an update of something I've finished soon, and the other SAL's I've caught up on.  Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Stitching!


4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, the linky post is now up. It's been a busy day, the school Christmas performance and then getting up,into the loft to get the decorations down. Hopefully hubby will be getting the tree this weekend.

The gift collage is gorgeous, so much loveliness.

Christine said...

Oh my that sampler is gorgeous!
I enjoyed looking at your "gift collage" too

Justine said...

What beautiful gifts. And wow...your sampler is amazing! Such beautiful colours and so striking on the black fabric.

Mary said...

Your Linen and Threads finish is gorgeous. I love all of your ornaments.